Williams Industry Services
Summary: Responsible for ensuring the accuracy and timeliness in processing weekly and bi-weekly payroll while providing superior customer service in a professional and confidential manner; process weekly and monthly union, tax and garnishment payments to ensure payments are processed and distributed in a timely manner
- Review and process payroll records, reports and statements to ensure accuracy; maintain payroll check stock and order supplies when needed.
- Execute weekly and bi-weekly payroll processes accurately and meet required deadlines; review and edit documents; correct errors and balance payroll for each pay period; compile routine reports.
- Initiate, distribute, and process weekly and monthly union, tax and garnishment payments in a timely manner.
- Process off cycle payrolls as needed, i.e., layoffs; input craft new hires.
- Research and resolve discrepancies in payroll records, reports and statements; responsible for alerting Supervisor and HR Director, if appropriate, immediately when a discrepancy occurs.
- Respond to employee and co-worker inquiries in a timely manner and provide excellent assistance to all inquiries to ensure that a resolution is reached.
- Answer multi-state unemployment insurance inquires and verify reason for termination as well as termination date.
- Manage all Union payments as they relate to payroll, taxes and garnishments.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook and database applications; ADP Payex preferred
- Solid understanding of payroll and payroll tax laws
- Demonstrate a motivation to provide fast, accurate and complete customer service at all times to all employees and management
- Responsible for handling all sensitive pay-related and benefit-related (as available to the position) information in a confidential manner
- Ability to apply organizational skills when given a project; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously to meet deadlines
- Use resources effectively to generate solutions; take initiative when resolving problems
Education: High School diploma or GED equivalency required; equivalent experience considered at discretion of management
Experience: Six months to one year payroll experience required
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Global Power and subsidiaries are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.