Compensation & Benefits Manager
1000 Crescent Centre Pkwy, Ste 1240 Tucker, Georgia 30084
Williams Industrial Services
Compensation & Benefits Manager
Directs the design, development, implementation, and administration all compensation programs to support the organization’ s strategic direction and business objectives, and ensure the programs are complementary to other human resources initiatives. Responsible for managing, designing, and implementing all aspects of employee benefit plans in order to maintain cost effective and competitive plans in the marketplace.
- Establish compensation philosophy, objectives, strategies and priorities to ensure compensation programs support the organization’ s strategic direction.
- Direct the design, development and implementation of base pay salary structures and corporate short-term incentive plans to ensure programs are internally equitable and externally competitive.
- Partner with senior management to design and implement executive long-term compensation programs.
- Assist management with the design of new jobs. Direct the development of new or revised position descriptions. Conduct regular audits to maintain accuracy of position descriptions.
- Plan and design the market evaluation approach and processes. Define the organization’ s desired competitive marketplace and position.
- Direct participation in formal and informal compensation surveys. Evaluate current compensation practices against trends and recommend changes, adjustments, and improvements.
- Evaluate compensation programs to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory factors.
- Communicate benefit information to all employees, including distribution of Summary Plan Documents (SPDs), benefit plan documents, open enrollment materials, memos, etc.
- Evaluate effectiveness of existing benefit plans/programs to ensure competitive nature within the marketplace and review new technologies and/or outsourcing opportunities
- Ensure compliance of all benefit plans with federal and state regulations and adhere to legal requirements
- Analyze the financial costs and effectiveness of the plans
- Conduct employee meetings to educate employees on new and existing benefit plan offerings
- Coordinate with payroll to ensure proper deductions are maintained
- Subject to the requirements of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 and Global Power Equipment, Inc.’ s HIPAA Privacy and Security policies and procedures, assisting the GPEG health plans with day-to-day activities involving protected health information, including but not limited to, assisting with employee claims, coordinating benefits, determining health claim status, determining eligibility for coverage, budgeting and renewal, billing and collection activities, obtaining assistance from third-parties for plan functions, and any other duties delegated by the GPEG HIPAA Privacy or Security Officer.
- Compensation and/or Benefits background with solid understanding of compensation and benefits design and structure development
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail with ability to reason through data and make good judgments in applying information
- Proficient knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to details.
- Ability to multi-task and handle varying tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines.
- Knowledgeable of all applicable
- Ability to interact with individuals at all organizational levels; conducts self in polite and professional manner.
- Demonstrates a motivation to provide fast, accurate and complete customer service at all times to all employees and management.
- Ability to apply organizational skills when given a project; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously to meet deadlines.
- Uses resources effectively to generate solutions; takes initiative when resolving problems.
- General office conditions
· Bachelor’ s degree in Human Resources, Business, Finance, or other related area
- CCP and/or CBP preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of experience with 2 years in a supervisory role
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Global Power and subsidiaries are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.