Construction OCC Coordinator
Williams Industrial Services Group
Construction OCC Coordinator
The Vogtle 3/4 Construction OCC Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that key construction activities are closely monitored, tracked and reports results to Senior Management. The OCC Coordinator is tasked with also assisting and prioritizing the resolution to any restraint that may have an impact on completing key construction activities as scheduled. The OCC Coordinator is expected to adhere to management standards and expectations, and provide peer-to-peer coaching and feedback. This position requires cross-organizational interaction with Field Engineering, Construction Supervision and Management, Weld Engineering, Quality Controls, Quality Engineering, and ITAAC to correct organizational behaviors and accountability to ensure process quality and efficiency.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Construction OCC Coordinator responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support the Construction Area Managers and all Functional Groups by facilitating the resolution of critical activities and construction restraints.
- Responsible for keeping information displayed in the OCC up-to-date.
- Collecting data for input to metrics (both internal and external) to hold organizations accountable to their responsibilities.
- Ensures proper log keeping.
- Make notifications to the appropriate level of management regarding significant events and critical activities.
- Monitors and communicates incoming severe weather.
- Sets up and facilitates challenge reviews for critical activities.
- Leads the Daily OCC POD meeting, if required.
- Performs functions in the site emergency plan.
- Adhering to and supporting Health, Safety & Environmental Policies
- Meeting expectations on attendance and punctuality.
- Maintaining compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and global standards.
- Effectively developing and applying the core skills of the job.
- Planning and organizing own work assignments, as well as carrying out tasks and maintaining priorities set by management staff.
- Analyzing and making independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
High school diploma or GED required
- A minimum of three (3) years of large construction project work package closure experience desired
- A minimum of four (4) years of related experience is desired in project management and/or quality documentation review and verification
Knowledge and Abilities
- Must be able to interface with other departments.
- Must have ability to work effectively in team environment.
- Must have ability to influence cross-functionally
- Must have working knowledge of common computer tools, including Documentum, MS Word, and Excel.
- Working knowledge of Maximo and P6 is preferred
- Must be well organized and capable of handling multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors
- Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
- Ability to learn and apply knowledge of project requirements
- Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills
- Must have strong problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of codes, standards and technical specifications desired.
- Working knowledge of plant systems, structures and components desired
- Any applicant accepting this position will be required to meet background screening and security requirements.
- Any applicant accepting this position will be required to meet the physical requirements of the position.
- Any applicant accepting this position must ensure personal safety standards are understood and enforced and that assigned workers perform their work safely.
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Global Power and subsidiaries are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.