Koontz-Wagner Custom Controls
Electrical or Electro-Mechanical Engineer
This position is responsible for receiving assigned projects Electrical Engineering requiring calculations or design, interfacing with customers for review, scheduling and finished calculations, processing all material requirements based on final design and adhering to all quality assurance procedures related to design function.
- Create all basic structural electrical designs for processing.
- Resolve design or specification conflicts.
- Value engineer for the best possible cost.
- Specify components.
- Check work of designer and CAD operator.
- Schedule project in conjunction with Production Manager for fabrication.
- Resolve any special manufacturing process needs.
- Perform checks and testing as required.
- Provide customers with design status and technical data.
- Review final as-built documentation for completeness and accuracy.
- Work with master copy of O & M manuals.
- Initiate request for required changes to project.
- Perform FEA Analysis where necessary.
- Prepare forms for Quality Assurance related to design function.
- Ability to operate PC with knowledge of Microsoft Office or similar software packages.
- Ability to use ERP system such as JD Edwards, AS/400 or Epicor
- Strong oral and written communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to analyze and organize data with an attention to detail
- Applies judgment effectively in problem solving; keeps subjective information to a minimum; consults with others to make effective business decisions when necessary; utilizes broad experience and facts when decision time is limited.
- Fosters and reinforces open communication between peers and across organization; makes clear and concise oral and written estimations; actively listens to what others have to say and restates to ensure understanding.
- Sets rapport with cross functional teams and peers; builds trust by basing feedback on objective criteria rather than subjective judgment; always follows through on commitments, promises, agreements, and decisions.
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to type on a keyboard.
- Ability to converse over a telephone.
Education, Training & Certification: BSEET, BSEE or equal experience
Experience: Must have working knowledge of National Building Code, thorough technical knowledge of FEA and CAD experience.
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Global Power and subsidiaries are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.