South Bend, Indiana
Title: Koontz-Wagner Custom Controls Electrical Helper B Exempt Status: Non-exempt
Summary: This position is responsible for helping the journeymen electricians by performing duties of lesser skill. Duties include using, supplying or holding materials or tools, and cleaning work area and equipment.
- Trace out short circuits in wiring, using test meter.
- Measure, cut, and bend wire and conduit, using measuring instruments and hand tools.
- Maintain tools and equipment and keep parts and supplies in order.
- Drill holes and pull or push wiring through openings, using hand and power tools.
- Perform semi-skilled and unskilled laboring duties related to the installation, maintenance and repair of electrical control houses or panels.
- Transport tools, materials, equipment, and supplies to work areas by hand, hand truck, or forklift.
- Examine electrical units for loose connections and broken insulation and tighten connections, using hand tools.
- Strip insulation from wire ends, using wire stripping pliers, and attach wires to terminals.
- Thread conduit ends, connect couplings, and fabricate and secure conduit support brackets, using hand tools.
- Pack finished assemblies for shipment.
- Cut openings and drill holes for fixtures and outlet boxes using electric drills.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses and buildings.
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with individuals at all organizational levels.
- Ability to conduct self in a respectful and appropriate manner.
- Ability to safely perform tasks and produce a quality product in an efficient and productive manner to meet schedule.
- Ability to reason and apply principles of logic to a wide range of factors when monitoring and working on jobs.
- Ability to work in a heavy manufacturing environment requiring awkward stances and positions for periods of time throughout an 8 to 10 hour day.
- Ability to stand and walk for majority of 8 to 10 hour day, bend, climb ladders 6 to 15 feet above ground level, lift product, equipment and tools up to 50 pounds throughout the day; push or pull product up to 200 pounds on an infrequent basis; use hand tools up to 20 pounds over extended periods of time
Education, Training & Certification: High school graduate or GED
Experience: Must have 6 months of experience in a manufacturing setting preferably experience with hand and power tools or the construction trades.
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Global Power and subsidiaries are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
Global Power and its subsidiaries provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics.