Williams is looking for an IT manager to be responsible and accountable for the smooth running of our computer systems within the limits of requirements, specifications, costs and timelines. This position will supervise the implementation and maintenance of our company’ s computing needs.
The successful candidate will have proven skills and professional experience and a detailed knowledge of industry’ s best practice processes.
Responsible for the overall planning, organizing, and execution of all IT functions at all sectors of Williams Industrial Services Group. This includes directing all IT operations to meet company requirements as well as the support and maintenance of existing applications and development of new technical solutions.
- Manage IT staff by recruiting, training and coaching employees, communicating job expectations and appraising their performance
- Manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Extensive knowledge of department processes.
- Design, develop, implement and coordinate systems, policies and procedures
- Work with Williams’ corporate leadership to maintain existing and develop new IT related policies and procedures.
- Responsible for interfacing with auditors to ensure company compliance with applicable best practices, policies and procedures as determined.
- Expertise in data center management and data governance
- Oversee the management of staff and managed services provider(s) to ensure security of data, network access and backup systems
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems
- Oversee the management of corporate help desk activities and resolve escalated issues as necessary. Direct and prioritize education programs and work load of subordinate personnel.
- Manage the development of custom software applications by contract developers. Ensure new software releases are made available to end users in a timely manner. Ensure the consistency and maintainability of existing applications by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions.
- Validates business requirements prior to the technical solution.
- Perform liaison duties between users, operations, and programming personnel in the areas of system designs, modifications or trouble shooting.
Supervisory Responsibility: Yes
- Demonstrate knowledge of server and desktop OS management
- Broad knowledge of remote access and in-field support
- Demonstrate aptitude for learning new technologies
- Experience in implementing effective and innovative software development methodologies
- Experience with Microsoft Infrastructure
- Demonstrate a motivation to provide fast, accurate and complete customer service at all times to all employees and management
- Proven ability to lead a progressive IT group
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive material
- Must be able to motivate and manage individuals to accomplish departmental goals.
- Ability to apply organizational skills when given a project; ability to meet deadlines by prioritizing and with follow through
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to type on a keyboard
- Ability to converse on a telephone
- Ability to lift 30 pounds
Education: Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science, MIS or similar field
Experience: Five to seven to ten year’ s relevant experience as an individual contributor. 1-3 years of supervisory experience. Experience in the Energy and/or Construction industry a plus.
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Global Power and subsidiaries are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.