Labor Relations Manager
Williams Industry Services Group
Labor Relations Manager
Summary: This position involves the direction and coordination of the labor relations program. Serve as a
liaison between the union leaders and company management and will advise management on various areas of
- Plan and direct the company labor relations objectives and operations.
- Participate in negotiations with recognized collective bargaining groups and recommend labor relation
- Confer on labor relation issues including contract interpretation and discipline.
- Understand terms and conditions of contracts that are active and ongoing.
- Coordinate labor relation activities with outside contractors and third parties.
- Investigate, manage and resolve employee grievances, concerns and labor disputes.
- Analyze collective bargaining agreements to develop interpretation of intent, spirit and terms of contract.
- Maintain and nurture established labor management relationships.
- Represent Williams and serve as contractor representative at national and regional labor agreement meetings
- and conferences.
- Perform various analytical projects and create reports as requested.
- Maintain current statutory information for bidding purposes.
- Solicit union wage and benefits information from the local unions with jurisdiction on projects that are in
- the bidding process.
- Share a responsibility for the commercial pricing portion of RFP’ s.
- Create and maintain union craft billing rates on active and special projects as they relate to union craft and
- labor relations.
- Considerable knowledge, skill and ability in labor relations, principles and practices
- Knowledge of business principles and practices as they apply to industrial relations.
- Ability to analyze labor relations issues and to develop solutions.
- Proficient knowledge in MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook and database applications.
- Ability to negotiate labor contracts and to represent Company in the interest of conflict resolution.
- Ability to make difficult decisions regarding labor relations.
- Ability to interact with individuals at all organizational levels; conduct self in a polite and professional manner; actively listen to what others have to say and restate information to ensure understanding.
- Demonstrate a motivation to provide fast, accurate and complete customer service at all times to all employees and management.
- Ability to multi-task and handle varying tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive material.
- Ability to apply organizational skills when given a project; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to motivate and manage individuals to accomplish goals.
- Use resources effectively to generate solutions; take initiative when resolving problems.
Education: Bachelor’ s degree in Business or related field required; Equivalent experience considered at the
discretion of management.
Experience: Five to seven years prior experience required.
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Global Power and subsidiaries are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.