Summary: This position is responsible to provide labor and/or support to a variety of areas as needed in and outside of the production facility.
- Assist paint crew to prep for paint, taping, masking, wall prep; clean-up and touch-up.
- Provide labor assistance as needed in production areas of assembly, paint, fabrication, material handling.
- Use simple equipment for moving materials. (pallet jack, forklift)
- Use basic hand tools, hammer, screwdriver, pliers, paint brush.
- Assist in keeping work areas neat, clean and organized.
- Knowledge in use of basic hand tools
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written directions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others
- Ability to work in a heavy manufacturing environment requiring awkward stances and positions such as stooping, crouching, twisting, and reaching for long periods of time throughout.
- Ability to stand and walk for majority of 8 to 10 hour day, bend, lift and carry product, equipment and tools up to 50 pounds throughout the day; push or pull product up to 100 pounds several times per shift, basis; use hand tools up to 20 pounds over extended periods of time
- Must be able to work from 20’ ladders, scaffolding and catwalks.
- Ability to work in all weather extremes for extended periods of time.
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Global Power and subsidiaries are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
Federal contractors are required to state in all solicitations or advertisements for employment that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.