Painter 2nd Shift
South Bend, Indiana
Title: Koontz-Wagner Custom Controls PH Painter Exempt Status: Non-exempt
Summary: This position is responsible for setting up, operating, or tending a paint pot system to paint sheet metal buildings and steel assemblies.
- Set up and operate paint pot system to paint metal buildings and assemblies.
- Build paint mil thickness without quality defects including runs.
- Operate auxiliary tools or equipment used in coating or painting processes.
- Observe machine gauges and equipment operation to detect defects or deviations from standards, and make adjustments as necessary.
- Determine paint flow, viscosity, and coating quality by performing visual inspections when mixing.
- Measure chemicals, coatings, or paints before mixing them together in a two part paint system.
- Select appropriate coatings, paints, or sprays, or prepare them by mixing substances according to formulas, using automated paint mixing equipment.
- Manipulate valves, or switches to regulate air pressure and circulation, and the flow or spray of coatings or paints.
- Clean and maintain work area to provide a safe and organized work environment.
- Maintain production schedules and manage time to complete tasks while striving for zero defects.
- Complete all in-process documentation.
- Inspect product to verify that it meets coverage requirements using a mil measuring device.
- Work in teams to troubleshoot manufacturing problems and perform quality assurance checks.
- Sand and roll paint for re-work items.
- Operate a power washer
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret work orders, shop orders, quality plans and work instructions to complete tasks.
- Mathematical skills such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing and fractions.
- Experience working with paint equipment.
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with individuals at all organizational levels.
- Ability to conduct self in a respectful and appropriate manner.
- Ability to safely perform tasks and produce a quality product in an efficient and productive manner to meet schedule.
- Ability to reason and apply principles of logic to a wide range of factors when monitoring and working on jobs.
- Being reliable, responsible and dependable
- Being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision.
- Ability to work in a heavy manufacturing environment requiring awkward stances and positions such as bending, stooping, crouching, twisting, and reaching for periods of time throughout an 8 to 10 hour day.
- Ability to stand and walk for majority of 8 to 10 hour day, bend, lift and carry paint gun and pull paint hose. Pick up and carry paint containers up to 40 pounds frequently.
- Ability to work from ladders and scaffolding up to 20 feet high
- Ability to work on a roof with a ½ inch slope per foot
Education, Training & Certification: High school graduate or GED
Experience: 3 – 5 years as a painter in a production/metal fabrication facility or similar experience using HVLP gun to paint walls, roofs or ceilings.
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Global Power and subsidiaries are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
Global Power and its subsidiaries provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics.