Williams Industrial Services
Summary: Responsible to prepare complete, accurate estimates for all contract types (lump sum, time and material, etc.).
- Prepare detailed accurate material, labor, equipment, subcontracts, construction facilities, etc. estimates. Schedule and facilitate meetings as needed to review scope of project requirements for the estimating process.
- Present cost estimates to meet customer proposals, providing consideration for general and special conditions.
- Maintain an accurate, current database cost codes of accounts for historical data.
- Confer with Company personnel and obtain outside pricing to keep abreast of current costs related to labor and materials required for the project.
- Review Company jobs and compare on a timely basis to as-sold estimates to confirm accuracy of estimate.
- Recommend new processes or procedural improvements that contribute to enhanced estimating efficiencies.
- Prepare equipment and material take-off.
- Utilize the appropriate company and industry historical data for pricing estimates.
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of the Basis of Estimate, project and discipline estimate summaries.
- Participate in estimate reviews.
- Strong technical knowledge in a wide variety of fields, such as fabrication techniques, material sourcing, database management, knowledge of finished products, ASME Code requirements and a thorough knowledge of the Company’ s internal organization, policies and procedures
- Advanced project estimator skills that include performing engineering calculations, being conversant in engineering nomenclature to effectively communicate with Application Engineers, Product Managers, Project Managers, Engineering and vendors
- Solid engineering background to understand boiler system components and operation and the manufacture of complex equipment required; broad understanding of the company’ s business unit to involve appropriate personnel in accomplishing essential functions
- Strong analytical skills
- Advanced technical software skills to keep accurate and easily accessible records; MS Office, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Database software and MRP systems to retrieve current and historical job information
- Proven ability to lead, set priorities and work with multi-department personnel that includes team members in Sales, Engineering and Project Management to meet project requirements
- Ability to provide fast, accurate and complete customer service at all times with all employees and management; build strong customer relationships
- Ability to analyze, organize and manage multiple priorities in an efficient and timely manner to optimize use of time and resources in meeting essential job functions, short and long term goals, and overall business results, including identification of opportunities for continual process improvements
- Ability to maintain accurate and easily accessible records
- Ability to communicate well, exercise strong conflict and problem-solving skills and apply appropriate resolutions
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to type on a keyboard and operate PC
- Ability to converse over a telephone
- Ability to work within office environment
- Ability to travel
Education: Associate’ s degree in Mechanical, Industrial or Construction Engineering required; equivalent experience considered at the discretion of management
Experience: Seven to ten years related experience required
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Global Power and subsidiaries are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.