Vice President, Operations - Oil & Gas
Vice President, Operations – Oil and Gas
Williams Industrial Services, Group
Summary: Full operational, oversight, and growth responsibility of project, construction and maintenance operations of the Oil & Gas business. This position will interact externally with clients and customers, while also managing multiple projects simultaneously. This position will manages region and market activities, and will be responsible for growing the customer base on contract volume while ensuring that all employees under their operational control comply with all client, government, corporate and division policies and procedures.
- Provide direct leadership to site management and Project Director coaching and mentoring employees to achieve a high level of performance.
- Broad and deep O&G industry knowledge and contacts, ability to grow O&G business.
- Take lead on productivity, monitoring work performance and efficiency of employees and subcontractors to ensure schedules are followed and projects are executed effectively and within budget. Ensure senior management is proactively kept abreast of potential problems, work interference, schedule difficulties, employee issues and/or client issues, and set a standard of excellence.
- Act as the point of escalation for complex problems, both of a technical and non-technical nature, assisting in the assessment of root cause and the resolution of problems. Oversee preparation and resolution of claims. Manage the material flow and share supervision across multiple projects to optimize efficiency and costs.
- Actively participate in Internal Project Reviews; review typically will cover compliance with design requirements, schedules, and budgets with particular attention to the costing relating to self-performed work.
- Ensure the company’ s safety program is implemented and adhered to across all jobs confirming corrective actions for any deficiencies are taken immediately.
Supervisory Responsibility: Yes
- Proficiency in Microsoft Applications is a must, including the ability to manage a budget and work with spreadsheets, basic PowerPoint creation/navigation and familiarity with Word.
- Advanced knowledge of the construction industry and company operations required.
- Solid working knowledge of finance, financial modeling, job costing and accounting principles.
- Strong proactive managerial and operational credentials with a top and bottom line orientation.
- Experience delivering superior safety performance culture, including experience in employing, developing, training and empowering a team that performs to the highest standards and maintains safety as an uncompromising value.
- Ability to network with key decision makers, close deals and identify new clientele for the division.
- Effectively manage and delegate responsibilities to subordinates to run an efficient and profitable division.
- Seasoned leadership and managerial skills in leading and mentoring the division.
- Personal qualities which include a focus for continuous improvement, being quality driven, having a high energy level and a collaborative management style.
- Must be able to motivate and manage individuals to accomplish departmental goals.
- Willingness to make decisions, exhibit sound and accurate judgment and make timely decisions.
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to type on a keyboard.
- Ability to converse over a telephone.
- Ability to work in office and perform in corporate environment.
- Ability to climb stairs, balance on scaffolding, access small, confined spaces and work in excessive heat and/or cold environments due to site visits.
Education: Bachelor’ s degree in Engineering or Operations Management required; equivalent experience considered at the discretion of management.
Experience: 20+ years’ experience in the Oil & Gas, Power Generation, and construction/maintenance services industry Hydro & Alternative Fuels experience is a plus, but not required.
- Extensive travel required.
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Global Power and subsidiaries are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.