Director of Quality
100 Crescent Center Parkway Tucker, GA 30084
Director of Quality
Williams Industrial Services
Summary: Responsible for the development, maintenance, auditing, and enhancement of all corporate Quality Management Systems (QMS) at Nuclear and Non-Nuclear sites; responsible for the management of direct and indirect departmental budgets; participates in technical consensus organizations.
- Ensure company compliance to 10 CFR Part 50, Appendix B, Quality Assurance Criteria for Nuclear Power Plants.
- Mentor and provide leadership to company management team; develop training programs for project personnel.
- Assist the estimating efforts in the review of Quality requirements for project proposals; develop the pricing or cost related to quality needs for bid proposals.
- Develop QA procedures for review, approval and issue in accordance with approved procedures; audit operations and projects to assure compliance to regulatory, client and corporate requirements.
- Provide assistance in the development of technical and construction procedures.
- Interface with the customer engineering or quality representatives for project management.
- Interface with State and Federal regulatory authorities on the company’ s behalf.
- Spearhead company strategic initiatives involving new technologies and systems.
- Provide written reports, summaries, and analysis of field issues; provide cost-effective resolutions consistent with company strengths; prepare quarterly and annual reports, review for possible adverse trends.
- Interface with customer personnel to provide direction on issues related to technology and quality.
- Advise management when actions are either ineffective or not timely in resolving concerns or correcting identified deficiencies; provide continuous process improvement techniques.
- Experience with developing/documenting procedures.
- Use of Quality Engineering methods in inspection.
- Demonstrated skill and knowledge with applicable Quality codes and standards and NRC regulations.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook and database applications.
- Level III Quality certifications required.
- Directly supervise employees and carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’ s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities can include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ability to interact with individuals at all organizational levels; conduct self in polite and professional manner; actively listen to what others have to say and restate information to ensure understanding.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive material.
- Ability to apply organizational skills when given a project; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously to meet deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task and handle varying tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to motivate and manage individuals to accomplish departmental goals.
- Use resources effectively to generate solutions; take initiative when resolving problems.
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time and to type on a keyboard.
- Ability to work in office and perform in corporate environment and to converse over a telephone.
- Must be physically capable of climbing ladders and scaffolding in a construction environment.
- Must have a visual acuity of Near Side 20/20 using a Jaeger #1 and a Far Side of 20/20 either corrected or uncorrected in at least one eye.
Education: Bachelor’ s degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering required; equivalent experience considered at discretion of management.
- 10+ years of recent/current quality assurance-related experience in the Nuclear power industry, including minimum of 3 years supervisory experience; equivalent experience considered at discretion of management.
- Lead auditor certification to ASME NQA-1 and/or ANSI N.45.2.23.
- Must be able to be badged at U.S. commercial nuclear power plants.
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Global Power and subsidiaries are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.