4755 Ameritech Dr South Bend, Indiana 46628
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental and vision insurance from date of hire
- Life, AD &D, Long-term disability insurance, provided at no cost
- Paid vacation, sick leave and holidays
- 401K with company match
- Bonus plan and other incentives
This positon is responsible for fabricating, cutting, and assembling sheet metal parts and pieces, for the manufacture of control house buildings. It requires knowledge of the whole manufacturing process enabling rotation through all departments as needed.
Essential Functions/Key Job Responsibilities:
- Lay-out and examine metal stock or work pieces to be processed to ensure that specifications are met.
- Study engineering shop drawings, blueprints, work orders and production schedules to determine specifications such as materials to be used, dimensions and tolerances.
- Set up and operate fabricating machines, such as brake presses, shears and notchers to shear, notch and form metal components for assembly.
- Measure completed work pieces to verify conformance to specifications, using gauges, calipers, templates, or tape measures.
- Install, align, and lock/flip specified punches, dies, or other fixtures in rams or bed of brake press, using hand tools.
- Clean and lubricate machines.
- Load and unload material as needed using a forklift.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their uses.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the fabrication of sheet metal structures
- Ability to interpret blue prints and drawings.
- Mathematical skills such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, fractions and using a tape measure.
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with individuals at all organizational levels.
- Ability to conduct self in a respectful and appropriate manner.
- Ability to safely perform tasks and produce a quality product in an efficient and productive manner to meet schedule.
- Ability to reason and apply principles of logic to a wide range of factors when monitoring and working on jobs.
- Being reliable, responsible and dependable
- Being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision.
Supervisory Responsibilities: no
Education: High school graduate or GED
Experience: Must have at least 2 experience in a manufacturing or construction environment, preferably using hand and power tools. Operating Press Break/Shear a plus.
- Ability to work in a heavy manufacturing environment requiring awkward stances and positions such as stooping, crouching, twisting, and reaching for periods of time throughout an 8 to 10 hour day.
- Ability to stand and walk for majority of 8 to 10 hour day, bend, lift and carry product, equipment and tools up to 50 pounds throughout the day; push or pull product up to 100 pounds several times per shift; use hand tools up to 20 pounds over extended periods of time
- May require ability to work from 20’ ladders.
- Ability to work in all weather extremes for extended periods of time.
Work Environment: Production/manufacturing
Special Requirements: None
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Global Power and subsidiaries are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
The above statements reflect the general information considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should be construed as a detailed description of work requirements which may be inherent in the position. I have received a copy of this job description and understand and can perform the essential functions of the job.