6510 Bourgeois Rd. Houston, Texas 77066
This position is responsible for assembling or modifying electrical equipment and controls on assigned projects as assigned by the Electrical Team Leader while assisting in the monitoring and directing the work of others including apprentices, electrical helpers, and general laborers as required. Reports directly to the Electrical Team Leader Journeyman and keeps management apprised of any issues which may interfere with contract completion.
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental and vision insurance from date of hire
- Paid vacation, sick leave and holidays
- 401 K with company match
- Bonus Plan and other incentives
- Carry out the installation and assembly of electrical equipment in control houses per instruction and wiring installation schematics.
- Layout and install electrical raceways including conduit, wire ways, and cable trays.
- Setup plan and perform wire pulls to final terminations to maximize efficiency and minimize waste of material.
- Inspect and test house utilities and control wiring in order to identify malfunctions or defects, using wiring diagrams and testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, or ammeters.
- Assist customers and technicians during testing and inspecting phase of house constructions.
- Assist the instillation of electrical equipment in control houses including SWGR, MCC, and Control and Termination Cabinets
- Assist instillation of house utilities (HVAC Units, Small Transformers, Lighting, and Smoke Detectors.)
- Assist in the required grounding of control houses (Ground Drops to Equipment, Perimeter Ground Bars, and Jumpers to Raceways and Panel Boards.)
- Read and interpret schematic drawings, diagrams, blueprints, specifications, work orders, and reports in order to determine materials requirements and assembly instructions.
- Position, align, and adjust work pieces and electrical parts to facilitate wiring and assembly.
- Pack finished assemblies for shipment and transport them to storage areas, using cranes, forklifts or hand-trucks.
- Splice wires with cutting pliers and connect to fixtures, outlets, and equipment.
- Cut openings and drill holes for fixtures and outlet boxes using electric drills.
- Measure, cut, and install frameworks and conduit to support and connect wiring, control panels, and junction boxes, using hand tools.
- Inspect and test equipment and circuits to identify malfunctions or defects, using wiring diagrams and testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, or ammeters.
- Adjust, repair, or replace as directed electrical or electronic component parts to correct defects and to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Clean parts, using cleaning solutions, air hoses, and cloths.
- Consult manuals, schematics, wiring diagrams, and engineering personnel as directed in order to troubleshoot and solve equipment problems on in-house electrical installation packages.
- Test insulators and bushings of equipment by inducing voltage across insulation, testing current and calculating insulation loss as specified in MEGGER Testing.
Supervisory Responsibility: No
- Knowledge of electrical component machines and tools, including their uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the installation of electrical components of control panels and control houses.
- Ability to read and understand electrical and control schematics to include layout drawings with ability to interpret each and report any discrepancies within blue prints and wiring schematics.
- Extensive knowledge of high voltage equipment.
- Able to demonstrate technical proficiency in the use equipment to include, Volt Meter, MEGGER Tester, Light Meter, and tape measure.
- Ability to work in an assigned electrical group in a professional manner in order to effectively and efficiently complete tasks assigned by the Electrical Team Leader Journeyman.
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with individuals at all organizational levels to include project managers and assist customers during the test/inspection phase.
- Ability to conduct self in a respectful and appropriate manner and keep the Electrical Team Leader Journeyman informed of any changes in the assigned project.
- Ability to safely perform tasks and produce a quality product in an efficient and productive manner to meet schedule.
- Ability to reason and apply principles of logic to a wide range of factors when monitoring and working on jobs.
- Be reliable, responsible, accountable, and dependable
- Being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Able to direct and lead others when required while remaining professional and sensitive to other’ s needs and feelings
- Capable of guiding oneself with little or no supervision.
- Ability to work in all weather extremes for extended periods of time.
- Ability to manipulate wire and materials in confined spaces for up to 2 hours at a time.
- Ability to stand and walk for majority of 8 to 10 hour day, bend, climb ladders 6 to 20 feet above ground level, lift product, equipment and tools up to 50 pounds frequently throughout the day; push or pull product up to 100 pounds infrequently; use hand tools up to 20 pounds over extended periods of time and with occasional awkward stances and positions.
Experience: National Electrical Code (NEC) Certified Journeyman licensed for the state of Texas, required. Experience as a Journeyman Electrician, preferred.
Education, Training & Certification: Completion Journeyman Apprenticeship Program or similar apprenticeship program.
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Global Power and subsidiaries are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
Federal contractors are required to state in all solicitations or advertisements for employment that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.