San Onofre, California 92615
Williams Industrial Services
Summary: Under indirect supervision, assists in the administration of the project safety program to maintain a safe and health work environment. Reports to site and corporate Safety Manager / Director. Ensures the site is free of workplace accidents and injuries. When accidents occur, ensures the proper treatment of the injured / affected employee and that the injury or accident is properly documented. Ensures the protection of people, property and the environment.
- Personally conducts regular inspections of construction areas.
- Identify, document and recommend resolution of hazardous / potential hazardous conditions; follow through to ensure corrections have been made.
- Investigates personal injury and property damage accidents.
- Compile data, photographs, etc.; prepare all pertinent forms and reports per program procedures and federal, state, local regulations associated with accidents.
- Conduct various industrial hygiene samplings, such as gas, 02, noise test to ensure safe working conditions.
- Verify that various entry permits (i.e. to confined spaces) are obtained as required.
- Assist in conducting employee/craft and insurance inspectors on walk through tours. May accompany federal, state and insurance inspectors on walk through tour.
- Assist in emergency rescues as required. Assist in maintaining fire protection and grounding systems
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’ s direction.
Supervisory Responsibility: No
- Knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations
- Thorough understanding of all federal, state and local regulations.
- Must have extensive knowledge of Corporate Safety Program and policies.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to write reports
- Strong computer skills are mandatory, significant experience and abilities with Microsoft Office Suite are necessary
- Ability to develop presentations to be delivered to production team, plant level team, or public groups
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common business and technical journals and financial reports
- Ability to listen and communicate effectively with customers in an effort to respond to common inquires or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community and public
- Ability to apply organizational skills when given a project; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously to meet deadlines
- Demonstrate a motivation to provide fast, accurate and complete customer service at all times to all employees and management
- Must be able to motivate and manage individuals to accomplish departmental goals
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive material
- May work in an office environment with extensive time spent in all areas of project or site
- Will be exposed to hazardous materials; may require the use of protective gear/clothing
- Ability to physically climb stairs, balance on scaffolding, access small, confined spaces and work in excessive heat and/or cold environments due to site visits
- Frequent walking throughout a site
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to type on a keyboard
- Ability to converse over a telephone
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
Education: Education equivalent to completion of a 4 year occupational safety/health degree or equivalent combination of technical training and / or industrial related safety experience at the discretion of management.
Experience: Two to four years experience in construction, design, finance, and/or management required.
- Must be able to be badged at U.S. commercial nuclear power plants
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Global Power and subsidiaries are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.