Sales Manager - Fossil & Industrial
Indianapolis, IN 46278
Sales Manager - Fossil & Industrial
Williams Industrial Services
Summary: Responsible for gaining new customers for Williams Industrial Services Group (WISG) in the Fossil and Industrial segment through assessments of business opportunities and target markets, strategic planning and development of sales and marketing plans to support WISG’ s growth strategy, direction and guidance for marketing activities related to trade shows, trade journal advertisements, and customer relationship functions, etc.
- Develop and execute marketing and sales strategies in order to grow the WISG’ s business in the Fossil and Industrial market in which WISG participates and views as growth opportunities.
- Develop and execute a marketing advertisement and trade show exhibition program that maximizes corporate exposure in the markets.
- Establish and maintain business relationships and alliances with other companies that further WISG’ s business and strategic objectives.
- Design business development activities including evaluating and managing new initiatives and business opportunities from current and prospective customers.
- Ensure/responsible for customer satisfaction.
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and strategic partners.
- Manage the development of bidding strategies, and the review of pricing for specific proposals. Provide input to the business on why pricing needs to be a certain way on competitive bidding opportunities.
- Directly manage critical portions of major proposals to insure company benefits are properly conveyed.
- Oversee and evaluate market research and adjust marketing strategies to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- 75% + travel will be required for customer meetings, customer events, etc., primarily in the Central Florida market.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Fossil and Industrial markets, operational experience preferred.
- Knowledge of major competitors’ strengths and weaknesses/ how they sell and promote their business to prospective customers.
- Understanding of contract terms and conditions relevant to various commercial relationships.
- Negotiating skills/ability to ascertain WISG competitive posture at various times during sales process in order to effectively position WISG to secure business.
- Knowledge of strategic sales principles and complex account management.
- Proficient knowledge in MS Word, MS Outlook and database applications.
- Excellent knowledge of WISG organizational capabilities/knowledge of company strengths and weaknesses.
- Ability to interact with the Operations Team and provide support and leadership.
- Demonstrate a motivation to provide fast, accurate and complete customer service at all times to all employees and management.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive material.
- Ability to apply organizational skills when given a project; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously to meet deadlines.
- Use resources effectively to generate solutions; take initiative when resolving problems.
- Ability to effectively utilize time management skills.
- Ability to handle the rigors of extensive business travel
- Ability to type on a keyboard
- Ability to converse over a telephone
- [Add others as needed]
Education: Bachelor’ s degree in a technical field is favored, but not required; equivalent experience considered at the discretion of management
Experience: Five to 7 years plus years prior experience required
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Global Power and subsidiaries are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.