Senior Electrical Estimator
100 Crescent Drive, Suite 1240 Tucker, GA 30084
Williams Industrial Services Group
Senior Electrical Estimator
Summary: Electrical backgrounds needed. Will be required to prepare and review all portions of multi-discipline project documents for large, complex work and all types of projects (EPC, CM, Firm Fixed Price, etc.). The position will be required to support all estimating needs including managing the estimate process, if necessary.
- Prepare project estimates in accordance with the scope of work, developing quantity take-offs, determining manpower, equipment, materials and subcontractor requirements
- Assist in obtaining quotes from material suppliers, equipment vendors and subcontractors.
- Develop and apply labor factors based on site conditions, work activity types and historical performance data
- Obtain clarification of questions or conflicts that affect the estimate
- Obtain, review and input information from contracts, legal, finance and other support groups
- Work with Operations Team on constructability reviews including development of preliminary rigging plans and crane selection
- Communicate with the Operations Team during the bid cycle to validate execution strategy and develop indirect cost models on a project by project basis.
- Work with Proposal Team to identify, analyze and mitigate potential project risks and contingencies
- Prepares cost studies utilizing historical data, statistical analysis, cost and quantity comparisons, and develops new techniques for to meet specific needs of the project
- Conducts bid review meeting with Manager of Estimating, Director of Operations and/or business line management to finalize estimate, markup and strategies
- Prepare all pricing sheets, bid forms and other proposal documents for in-house review and submittal
- Attend turnover meetings with Project Execution Team to communicate the approach and methods used in the estimate.
- Assist with maintenance of estimating databases
- Manages own time to meet objectives; forecasts and plans resource requirements as needed
Education - Skills - Knowledge - Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor degree in construction, engineering, or related field; Or related construction experience
- 5-10 years of Estimating and/or combination of estimating and project management experience, with focus on electrical projects
- Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Technical writing skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Ability to multitask
- Superior organizational skills
- Innovative attitude
- Proven experience with technology
- Willingness to travel, as it may be required
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Williams and subsidiaries are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.