100 Crescent Center Parkway Tucker, GA 30084
Williams Industrial Services
This position is responsible for leading various tax planning projects, supporting the tax provision preparation, U.S. federal and state tax compliance, and managing various audits. The ability to effectively work on a wide variety of federal, state, and international income and non-income tax issues in a dynamic, growing publicly traded company is critical. Additionally, the development of effective working relations with management, as well as finance and other operating personnel located throughout the world, is required.
- Manage and or prepare quarterly tax provision for GAAP financial statements and provide financial accounting with tax-related information for all external reporting.
- Manage ad analyze federal and international effective tax rates.
- Prepare federal and international FASB 109 analysis; interfacing with external tax experts in formulating the data needed for financial accounting purposes and ensuring the correct information is reported according to applicable laws and regulations.
- Manage FIN 48 reporting for federal and international uncertain tax positions.
- Manage the federal and international income tax returns, franchise tax returns, benefit plan returns, and annual reports.
- Recommend favorable method of reporting in order to reduce tax expense or liability.
- Advise management on the impact of new tax laws, decisions, rulings, regulations and proposed legislation on a federal and state-by-state basis.
- Responsible for all matters related to state tax returns and audits, including responding to any Information Document Request issued by taxing authorities.
- Responsible for all matters related to FIN 48 (Federal, State and International).
- Ensures that all federal and state account reconciliations are performed correctly and on time.
- Manages all federal and state audits and ensures everything is done correctly and in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Prepare request for rulings, refund claims and protests, and negotiate settlements with tax authorities.
- Negotiate tax audit issues with federal and state authorities and represent the organization at all state tax hearings, appeals and audits.
- Analyze final audit assessment to develop and execute procedures to minimize future exposure.
- Examine current legislative issues and determine possible impact on operations and compliance.
- Responsible for transfer pricing and management fee arrangements.
- Ensuring that appropriate internal controls are in place over accounting for income taxes.
- Strong knowledge of tax accounting practices, as well as laws and regulations.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to details.
- Ability to multi-task and handle varying tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines.
- Knowledgeable of all applicable
- Ability to interact with individuals at all organizational levels; conducts self in polite and professional manner.
- Demonstrates a motivation to provide fast, accurate and complete customer service at all times to all employees and management.
- Ability to apply organizational skills when given a project; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously to meet deadlines.
- Uses resources effectively to generate solutions; takes initiative when resolving problems.
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to type on a keyboard and operate a PC.
- Ability to converse over a telephone.
- Ability to work in office and perform in corporate environment.
- General office conditions.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting, Finance, or other related area required; equivalent experience considered at the discretion of management, CPA required
- Ten years of related experience with at least 3-5 years in public accounting firm; equivalent experience considered at the discretion of management
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Global Power and subsidiaries are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.